New Search Updates No Highlighted Text

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
rcwso

New Search Updates No Highlighted Text

Post by rcwso »

I downloaded the new search update functions with the Gospel Library 3.0 for both my iPhone and iPad. The search works great. I have a question or concern, when I search for a topic or word and the results come up on the screen I select the reference I want to review but the text/word is not highlighted in the talk or chapter I was taken to for my search. I then have to read the entire talk or chapter to find the one word I am searching for at the time. For example: I search for the word "Frustrated" and 3.0 finds many references in the scriptures. One reference search result is in Alma Chapter 12. That is great but I select the search result on the screen, I am jumped to Alma Chapter 12, but where in Alma Chapter 12 is my result "frustrated." I then have to read the entire chapter to find the word or words "frustrated" in the text. Previously if I searched for a word on 2.5 I would select the word and then the text would jump to what I searched and have it highlighted. I have tested both my iPhone 4S and iPad Mini with no luck.

Is this going to be something that will be fixed so we don't have to read an entire talk or chapter to find a searched word or text? Or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: New Search Updates No Highlighted Text

Post by sbradshaw »

This would definitely improve ease of search... I'd suggest sending it as feedback in the app under Settings (gear icon) > Send Feedback...

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”