Request for a New Report

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
sjpynes

Request for a New Report

Post by sjpynes »

I'd like to request a new report that I think would be valuable worldwide for Mission Presidents, Stake Presidents, and Bishops.

The Mission President in our mission recently asked that Stake Presidents identify member homes that could house missionaries (either ongoing or temporarily) as the number of missionaries sent to the mission keeps increasing.

According to the guidelines only homes that don't have children age 11 and under and don't have unmarried members of the opposite sex in the home can provide missionary housing (there are other criteria, but not statistical criteria).

These criteria could be used to create a report from the Church database that consisted of two lists: 1) Homes where Elders could stay, and 2) Homes where Sisters could stay.

Then, if a Mission President calls a Stake President and asks him to find some housing for a new set of Sisters for three months, the Stake President could ask the Bishops to scan there Sister lists to find that housing. The Bishops would be able to focus on the other criteria and not have to spend time sorting through the full ward lists to respond to the Stake President's request.

Since the work is continuing to hasten and the number of missionaries is increasing, having such Elder and Sister lists could prove to be a great help for Priesthood leaders worldwide.

Is there any possibility it could happen?
Gary_Miller

Re: Request for a New Report

Post by Gary_Miller »

You could create a custom field in MLS to identify these homes. Or you could run a custom report against the ward directory using the guidelines you listed above.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

sjpynes wrote:Is there any possibility it could happen?
The developers work on projects as dictated by The Brethren. The decision-makers do not visit the forum.

Your best bet is to ask the Stake President to take the issue up with the Area Authority.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sjpynes

Post by sjpynes »

Gary_Miller wrote:You could create a custom field in MLS to identify these homes. Or you could run a custom report against the ward directory using the guidelines you listed above.
A custom MLS field would not really help because somebody would have to be assigned to monitor every household in the ward list to watch for births, kids going off to school, etc., in order to keep the custom field accurate.

I looked at the custom reports and I could not find a way to sort on the unmarried status/sex of all members of a household so as to create a list for Elders and list for Sisters. If you have a way to do it, that would be terrific.

Thanks.
sjpynes

Post by sjpynes »

russellhltn wrote:
sjpynes wrote:Is there any possibility it could happen?
The developers work on projects as dictated by The Brethren. The decision-makers do not visit the forum.

Your best bet is to ask the Stake President to take the issue up with the Area Authority.
I sent an email to our Area Seventy this morning making the request.

Thanks for that idea.
jkitterman
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jkitterman »

Thanks for the feature request. Some of the decision makers actually do visit the forums and read feedback, etc. The hard part is fielding these requests to the "right" decision maker.

For example, the Clerk Resources app is sponsored by the Finance and Records department. This request seems like it might be a decision for the Missionary department, but I'm not sure if the Missionary department has a website where they could build a feature such as this. Then there is risk of the request falling into the gray area where it's a great idea and would serve a lot of people, be fairly easy to implement, etc., but we're not sure who would be authorized to do it.

I will add this request to our list of features, where the decision makers for Clerk Resources can take a look at it.
Developer, Core Systems and Services
http://clerk.lds.org

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”