Feature Request: Radial Menu for Notetaking (Windows 8)

Discussions around the Gospel Library application for all versions of Windows Phone.
ToManyLetters

Feature Request: Radial Menu for Notetaking (Windows 8)

Post by ToManyLetters »

We can pretty much assume that the log-in feature for LDS.org notes and notebooks will eventually become available for the LDS Gospel Library App for Windows 8, despite its current unavailability as a feature.

Here's my suggestion for part of its implementation: rather than cluttering-up the top/bottom app menu bars with note-taking menu items, the LDS Gospel Library app ought to use the radial menu that is standard throughout the Modern UI version of OneNote. (For those unfamiliar with the radial menu, a picture of it is below.)

This menu could automatically make itself visible when a word or group of words is selected and would then grant the user of the application a few options, among them could be the following:
1. Add a note.
2. Highlight (With the pull-out for this radial item being various colors)
3. Scripture/content linking (basically custom footnotes)

If the text already contains a note or highlight the following would also be visible:
1. Delete note.
2. Edit note.

This would make note-taking in the LDS Gospel Library App for Windows 8 a cinch and would greatly enhance its utility and, additionally, take advantage of some of the Modern UI's beautiful design language.
Radial Menu.jpg
Radial Menu.jpg (38.89 KiB) Viewed 2215 times
Note: As per the LDS Tech Forum Code of Conduct and an amicably reached agreement with a community moderator, one of my previous threads has been broken apart. This is one of its pieces.
jajaskolka

Re: Feature Request: Radial Menu for Notetaking (Windows 8)

Post by jajaskolka »

I think this is a great idea and would love to see this implemented in the Gospel Library app.
jkentner

Re: Feature Request: Radial Menu for Notetaking (Windows 8)

Post by jkentner »

+1

Return to “Windows Phone Gospel Library”