"Lds music" adding tempo adjust dial???

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
skj10of11

"Lds music" adding tempo adjust dial???

Post by skj10of11 »

The lds music app uses the same CDs sold thru distribution center for many years. Those songs were recorded at a very slow pace (tempo). Is there not a way to add a tempo dial, so when we play the songs we can speed up the song? I would think that would be a pretty simple thing to do. Any ideas???
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: "Lds music" adding tempo adjust dial???

Post by russellhltn »

Are these recordings or MIDI files? If MIDI, it should be simple. If it's a recording, not so simple as it would change the pitch. There's ways of doing that, but I don't know as it works so well on music and what kind of licensing is required.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

If you really, really want to go to the trouble, Audacity is a free program that will do it. But there would be a learning curve, including how you would get the music files back to the device that would play them. And you would have to predetermine the desired tempo during the process.

You might share your idea using the Feedback link and see if the programmers might entertain such a change.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Currently LDS Music uses mp3 recordings. One of our plans for future versions of the app is to incorporate MusicXML-based sheet music, and along with that there will be options for making adjustments to how the music plays. If you or anyone you know is interested in and able to help us prepare a MusicXML reader, if you have other suggestions, or if you just want to be an observer / beta tester, you can join the Project by clicking "Projects" above and choosing "LDS Music for iOS." We're always looking for suggestions and help.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

I was interested in beta testing, until I saw it was iOS only
:-(
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

There actually is an Android version under development as well. There doesn't seem to be a lot of discussion about it so it's been pretty quiet. You can join the project here:
https://tech.lds.org/projects?controlle ... ojectid=24

And get the beta version here:
http://www.ldsmobiletester.com/android/
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

Thank You. I'm new to Android (as of Fathers day...)
:-)

Return to “General Discussions”