Access denied - How long does it take to sync permissions?

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
nathangg

Access denied - How long does it take to sync permissions?

Post by nathangg »

Our Stake Executive Secretary was changed on Sunday and the proper name shows up in lds.org/directory and cdol.lds.org.

However, the Stake Executive Secretary doesn't have access to lds.org/leader yet (he gets the Access Denied message).

How long does it take for the permissions to sync up?

Thanks~!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Access denied - How long does it take to sync permission

Post by russellhltn »

A day or two after it appears. That is assuming he was set up as a standard position and not a custom one.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
nathangg

Post by nathangg »

Thanks. I just checked the lds.org/header and I'm not sure how to read the position numbers:

policy-ldspositions: p138/7u1541773/5u525782/:p1394/7u1541773/5u525782/

Unfortunately, I don't know how to lookup position 138 or 1394 :-)

We'll wait another day... thanks!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

nathangg wrote:Unfortunately, I don't know how to lookup position 138 or 1394 :-)
I haven't seen a chart.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

nathangg wrote:Thanks. I just checked the lds.org/header and I'm not sure how to read the position numbers:

policy-ldspositions: p138/7u1541773/5u525782/:p1394/7u1541773/5u525782/

Unfortunately, I don't know how to lookup position 138 or 1394 :-)

We'll wait another day... thanks!
138 is EQ President and 1394 is EQ HT District Supervisor. Stake Executive Secretary is 51.

There is a somewhat dated list in the source code for the CODA project which I used to work on as a community volunteer.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

The position has been in CDOL long enough that the headers should have been synced by now. At this point you should call LUS and ask them to manually sync your positions.
nathangg

Post by nathangg »

I just found this: https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Leader_and_Un ... ge_Request

Do you think that is the problem? Perhaps they updated the calling info, but didn't make the LUCR? (I actually just asked the new Stake Clerk if the LUCR has been done... if not then we'll get that submitted and wait another day or two).
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

nathangg wrote:I just found this: https://tech.lds.org/wiki/Leader_and_Un ... ge_Request

Do you think that is the problem? Perhaps they updated the calling info, but didn't make the LUCR? (I actually just asked the new Stake Clerk if the LUCR has been done... if not then we'll get that submitted and wait another day or two).
Since the new Executive Secretary position made it to CDOL the LUCR was done.

Note: I don't see a new Stake Clerk, but there is an new Stake Assistant Clerk. If there is supposed to be a new Stake Clerk that hasn't been done in MLS (via LUCR) yet.
nathangg

Post by nathangg »

The new Stake Clerk hasn't been set apart yet and we (stake membership clerk, old stake clerk, and new stake clerk) didn't want to update the stake clerk position until the new one was set apart.

I'll contact LUS.

THANK YOU!
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

nathangg wrote:The new Stake Clerk hasn't been set apart yet and we (stake membership clerk, old stake clerk, and new stake clerk) didn't want to update the stake clerk position until the new one was set apart.
It's your call (actually ultimately the stake president's), but in our stake we follow the practice implied by the MLS screens for callings: when a person has been sustained, we put them in MLS and they will appear in the directory. Whenever possible the stake presidency sets someone apart in their new calling right away, but sometimes that is not possible. In those cases, we enter someone in MLS and check the "Set apart" flag later when that is done. That way the person will have the permissions as soon as possible, which corresponds to the stake president's expectation that they will begin serving right away.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”