Changes not retained locally

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
chollenbeak

Changes not retained locally

Post by chollenbeak »

I am having an issue with MLS on a local ward's desktop. They report that some membership record changes that were made weeks ago are not present in the local copy of MLS, but DO appear online at lds.org. They also have membership records that were read over the pulpit but also now do not appear in the system. They have not found problems with financial records, only membership records. Has anyone encountered this issue before? Any thoughts on what might be going on?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Changes not retained locally

Post by russellhltn »

I'd suggest they do a unit refresh. I'd also make sure that MLS is being run in a single Windows account that has local admin rights. Someone may have decided to try to become "more secure" and ended up with a non-supported arrangement.

I'd also ask how the changes were made. If they were made in MLS, it would be odd. But it seems some of the on-line tools are still buggy.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”