Filter failed on Stake computer

Discussions about Internet service providers (ISPs), the Meetinghouse Firewall, wired and wireless networking, usage, management, and support of Meetinghouse Internet
heberhill

Filter failed on Stake computer

Post by heberhill »

I am the new STS for our Stake. We are in the process of an audit and it was brought to my attention that our main stake clerk computer failed the filter test when accessing http://filter.lds.org with a big X. I know this has to do with the firewall / router settings. How do we address / correct this for all the computers in our stake since I assume one is failing, the others may be as well.

Thanks,
Heber
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Filter failed on Stake computer

Post by russellhltn »

First step is to make sure the computer is still physically connected through the firewall and someone hasn't bypassed it.

Step two is to reboot the firewall.

Step three is to call GSD and have them look into the problem.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
heberhill

Post by heberhill »

Are there instructions /procedures on how to do these steps on the wiki's? How do we reboot the firewall correctly?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

heberhill wrote:How do we reboot the firewall correctly?
You can try to do it from tm.lds.org, or you can use the time-proven method - power cycle it. Since there is no power switch, you'll have to use the power cord.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

heberhill wrote:We are in the process of an audit and it was brought to my attention that our main stake clerk computer failed the filter test when accessing http://filter.lds.org with a big X.
Was the URL typed into the address field or was a bookmark used? It was noted in another thread that the results of the previous filter check will be displayed rather than a valid current test accomplished if a bookmark to the URL is used. See this post.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
heberhill

Post by heberhill »

Yes, I have retyped the URL correctly and both computers are showing an X. The IP's are within the DHCP range. I have reset the firewall and that reboot did not change anything. So, I need to call GSC now and have them look at it?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Sounds like it.

Return to “Meetinghouse Internet”