Password Reset

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
JRP1975

Password Reset

Post by JRP1975 »

Ok this is kind of an embarrassing moment. Question changed my Ml
MLS password then forgot it. Please help, how do I reset it?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Password Reset

Post by russellhltn »

Someone with MLS admin rights can reset it.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
JRP1975

Post by JRP1975 »

Thank you, got it.
imler

Post by imler »

Where do I go to change password
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

imler wrote:Where do I go to change password
If you do not have MLS administrator privileges then you will need to work with an administrator, typically the bishop and ward clerk, to change the password. If you are an administrator it is in System > User Accounts.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jdlessley wrote:If you do not have MLS administrator privileges then you will need to work with an administrator, typically the bishop and ward clerk, to change the password.
That's certainly true of forgotten passwords, but what about if you just want to change the password? Perhaps because it's due to expire?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

Changing or an expiring password can be changed without the need of a second or third administrator present. I have done it many times.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

russellhltn wrote:
jdlessley wrote:If you do not have MLS administrator privileges then you will need to work with an administrator, typically the bishop and ward clerk, to change the password.
That's certainly true of forgotten passwords, but what about if you just want to change the password? Perhaps because it's due to expire?
When you log on during the interval between the first notice and the last notice you just need to enter your current password and your new password twice in the popup that is displayed. That popup will be displayed after you enter your username during login. After the third notice is dismissed then you will need the help of two administrators during the fourth or later logon attempts.

If a user just wants to change their password and have not received an expiring password notice then they will need an administrator to go to System > User Profiles, select the username from the list of users and complete the password change just as has always been done in the past before the new requirement. (This is what I was referring to in my quote above.}
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

jdlessley wrote:If a user just wants to change their password and have not received an expiring password notice then they will need an administrator ...
I just checked today to see if our finance clerk could change his password without the help of an administrator. It turns out all that he had to do was click Edit from the menu and then click Change Password.
JD Lessley

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”