MOVING MILITARY RECORD

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
jpahl

MOVING MILITARY RECORD

Post by jpahl »

How do I move the record of an individual serving in Afghanistan? All I have is a mailing address.
Gary_Miller

Re: MOVING MILITARY RECORD

Post by Gary_Miller »

jpahl wrote:How do I move the record of an individual serving in Afghanistan? All I have is a mailing address.
If the members residence is in your ward and will be returning after their tour in Afghanistan you should leave the record in your ward. This often happens with guards and reservists.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: MOVING MILITARY RECORD

Post by jdlessley »

Did you speak to the military member before he/she deployed? If he/she will be deployed more than 3 months and there is a servicing Church unit for the area of deployment then the record should be moved to that Church unit. The member may not know whether there is a servicing Church unit until they get to the deployed area of operations. They can find out once they get there and have the servicing Church unit request the record provided they have the capability to handle records. I would not move the record out until unless there is a unit to send the record to.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Membership Help”