Google Maps App unable to locate addresses in LDS Tools

Discussions around the Android version of the Member Tools application
jasonfitt

Google Maps App unable to locate addresses in LDS Tools

Post by jasonfitt »

When tapping on a member's address in the LDS Tools App on my Android Smart Phone, the new version of the Google Maps App isn't able to locate the address. Before it worked great and was an excellent tool when going out on visits. Does anybody have information about this, and if a resolution is in process?
johnshaw

Re: Google Maps App unable to locate addresses in LDS Tools

Post by johnshaw »

I just checked, and 'View' the address does some very odd things as noted. Navigation still worked for me correctly.
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
jasonfitt

Post by jasonfitt »

JohnShaw wrote:I just checked, and 'View' the address does some very odd things as noted. Navigation still worked for me correctly.
Hmm, I still get the 'No Results..' message. I wonder if it's just me then, or if anybody else is having the same issue.
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

I posted to the mailing list, they are aware and are working on a fix. - I've downloaded the latest build and maps is working correctly with LDS Tools now. Not sure how they are rolling it out to the current version.
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense

Return to “Android Member Tools App”