Link to Gospel Library from other apps

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Gospel Library application.
jlconlin

Link to Gospel Library from other apps

Post by jlconlin »

I use an iPad app to keep a journal, write notes, etc. I would like to be able to create a hyperlink from the app to the LDS Gospel Library. I think it would be great if the Gospel Library app understood a link such as:

lds://BoM/1Nephi/3/7

and opened the Gospel Library to the appropriate reference.

I know it is possible to create a protocol such as "lds" to handle these kinds of hyperlinks. For example, the Good Reader app uses the "ghttp" protocol to open a link in the Good Reader app regardless of the app that clicked on the link.

How hard would it be to get the "lds" protocol working in iOS so I can create a hyperlink as described above?

Thanks,
Jeremy
rocketwire

Link would be very useful.

Post by rocketwire »

Here here!!

This feature would be extremely useful. It would also enable an iPad user to use the annotation functions that are useful in the Gospel Library app. Currently I am able to link to content online, but the annotation features are not available using Safari on an iPad.

Add this to the votes. And thanks to all who have assisted in the development of Gospel Library.
mll1013

Re: Link to Gospel Library from other apps

Post by mll1013 »

Add me to this wish list. As YM president, I create PQ lessons with Google Docs, and use my smartphone to teach from. It would be awesome to hyperlink to Gospel Library when teaching the Come Follow Me curriculum.

Thanks for the suggestion!
Mike
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

I think this will be added soon. The LDS Music app team plans to link scripture references at the bottom of hymns in the LDS Music app to Gospel Library.
newmanmr

Post by newmanmr »

Was this feature ever added?
newmanmr

Post by newmanmr »

mll1013

Post by mll1013 »

Not only can you use the gospellibrary:// tag, but I am using direct hyperlinks (i.e. http://scriptures.lds.org/) and this also works for me on Android, so you can copy/paste directly from the location bar, and the link will work.

Many thanks to the developers for adding this very useful feature!

Return to “iPhone/iPad Gospel Library”