Ironic crashing on my Iphone

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Member Tools Application.
kaiweser

Ironic crashing on my Iphone

Post by kaiweser »

This is ironic because I am in a singles ward, but it is definitely still a problem because I am also the ward clerk in my singles ward. My problem is that the LDS tools app crashes whenever I click on someone of the female gender. It will very briefly go to their page, but then freeze and shut down. The problem is only with the women in the ward.
dday39

Re: Ironic crashing on my Iphone

Post by dday39 »

I am a single's ward bishop and am having exactly the same problem. I have been told that it is fixed on the beta version but I don't know how to get it. Any help would be appreciated.
inetcon

Post by inetcon »

I experience the same crashing (actually the app closes and returns to my "desktop" display (iPhone 4). But, the difference for me is that the crashing is very selective. It almost seems like if the membership record I view has had a photo uploaded, the app remains, but if, not always, doesn't have a photo, the record shows for about 1-2 seconds then CRASH!!!
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

Maybe they don't want the Single Adults to use the directory for anything other than church-related purposes ;)

For the record, I'm in a YSA ward but I'm not having problems seeing any of the records in my ward or stake, with or without photos...
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

kaiweser wrote:This is ironic because I am in a singles ward, but it is definitely still a problem because I am also the ward clerk in my singles ward. My problem is that the LDS tools app crashes whenever I click on someone of the female gender. It will very briefly go to their page, but then freeze and shut down. The problem is only with the women in the ward.
Purely as a suggestion, have you completely deleted the app from your device and done a fresh download from the iStore?

Sometimes data/program corruption can cause this sort of problem to happen! Bare it mind that you will loose all lists, photos etc...
inetcon

Post by inetcon »

Deleted the app on two different occasions, then reloaded it from iStore. Same thing happens.
BTW, I am in a regular ward - not Singles.
gdpsmp

Post by gdpsmp »

Interesting observation on crashing on female searches or selection on membership crashing as it does seem to crash each time I select a female, but it also does it crash other times when I select a male. I am also in a regular ward, not singles. Have tried multiple times deleting, re-downloading, updating data but still a problem. Was told there is a beta version out there but no luck in locating. "After signing up for the community project, you can always download the latest iOS version here: http://tech.lds.org/dl/ios/. To download the beta version, tap on the LDS Tools icon." Anyone have any luck locating?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

The community project can be joined by clicking "Projects" at the top of the page (here on LDSTech) and choosing "LDS Tools for iOS." Then you'll have access to the beta from that page.
wfleake

Post by wfleake »

I am having a similar problem on my iPad 1 (version 5.1.1). I am a branch president and until recently, I did not experience this issue (maybe this resulted from the upgrade to 2.1.3??).

When I tap the Directory tab, then tap any member entry, the detail comes up for about 5 to 10 seconds, then the app closes abruptly.

Interestingly, this issue does not occur on any of the other tabs. Also, when I select another unit in the stake besides my own, I can tap a member entry, and the detail will come up and stay on the screen until I take another action.

The issue occurs only on the directory tab on my own unit.

I had come to rely on the app to look up member numbers while conducting temple recommend interviews, as well as using it for other information as I conduct other interviews.

I have repeatedly updated the data, thinking that would solve the issue. I also deleted the app and downloaded it again from iStore, then downloaded the data once again. I get the same issue after re-installing.

This is getting pretty frustrating. I would appreciate any suggestions.
pvtorch

Post by pvtorch »

My son has same problem. Everything else in LDSTools works but when he clicks on a person, the app crashes. He has an iPhone 8 fully updated and has tried uninstalling and reinstalling multiple times.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Member Tools App”