Why is MLS hanging on "updating finance" more often?

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
aclawson

Why is MLS hanging on "updating finance" more often?

Post by aclawson »

A ward is having MLS hang on "updating finance" at least every other week, always on the CUBS_TO_MLS...SYNC.xml file

The status shows "success" but it hangs there anyway and problems with MLS are frequent.

To make matters more interesting, I just received the file from SLC that should unlock my finance function - but even though the processing is reported to be complete the finance section is still locked. I think this is proof positive that the process has a bug and is not terminating correctly.
aclawson

Re: Why is MLS hanging on "updating finance" more often?

Post by aclawson »

And, once again, "an error occurred".
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Call Local Unit Support.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aclawson

Post by aclawson »

I have. Repeatedly.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Is the status just hung? I remember others saying to press F9 and see if it's really downloading more stuff or if it's done.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aclawson

Post by aclawson »

I did that and it generated another one of those "an error occurred" messages.

I did a send/receive and got the more verbose "an error has occurred, contact your stake clerk" messages but it tried to do a send/receive in the background anyway, but hung on the "transferring data" splash.

Cancel that and I get the white MLS window with "an error occurred" no matter what I try to do, so I have to force close MLS.

Log back into MLS and the finance menu is still locked out saying it needs to receive a file. Do send/receive again. An error occurred, contact your stake clerk. Can't log out of MLS or exit - an error occurred. Click the red x in the upper corner, do you want to log out? Yes. An error occurred. Kill the MLS process in task manager...
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

aclawson wrote:I just received the file from SLC that should unlock my finance function - but even though the processing is reported to be complete the finance section is still locked. I think this is proof positive that the process has a bug and is not terminating correctly.
I think this is proof positive that this ward's database is corrupted in some way. What you are describing is certainly not normal behavior. Whatever is causing your other problems is most likely causing the processing of the unlock file to terminate prematurely.

I know you have called Local Unit Support repeatedly, but they are the gatekeepers to the developers, who are the ones that can fix the database.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”