Thought my Member-Record-Number was confidential: why listed

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
Sisteralewis54

Thought my Member-Record-Number was confidential: why listed

Post by Sisteralewis54 »

Thought my Member-Record-Number was confidential: why is it listed on our public Ward & Stake Lists, and why can I not 'delete' or remove it like other data on my "info."
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Thought my Member-Record-Number was confidential: why li

Post by russellhltn »

Can you see anyone elses? Unless you're the bishop or stake president, I'll bet you can't. Likewise other members can't see yours.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mevans

Post by mevans »

I believe it's a few more people than bishop and stake president. I think all bishopric members can see the record numbers. I'm an assistant ward membership clerk and I have access; I don't know if the finance clerk has it or not.

I would guess that a stake clerk would have access to this information, as well.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

mevans wrote:I believe it's a few more people than bishop and stake president. I think all bishopric members can see the record numbers. I'm an assistant ward membership clerk and I have access; I don't know if the finance clerk has it or not.

I would guess that a stake clerk would have access to this information, as well.
Stake clerks can certainly see the record numbers in the directory. The important point to be aware of is that the Directory does not expose the record number to anyone who cannot already see it. Bishoprics, stake presidencies, and associated clerks can see record numbers already through other online tools. Members can see their record numbers by requesting an Individual Ordinance Summary. The Directory simply continues those access rules.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”