Locked out of finances, everybody gone until Monday

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
aclawson

Locked out of finances, everybody gone until Monday

Post by aclawson »

I was on the phone for quite some time last night getting my organization records restored. Some finance-related thing needed to be restored after I got the organizations fixed, but the people who send these files had all left for the day but they would send it out in the morning. Now that I have the chance to go back and check it has not come down yet - they were too busy so I should try again on Monday. The support guy is not aware that when finances are locked that means that finances are locked and you cannot enter donations - he said I should enter the donations but wait to transmit until Monday. I pointed out that this was not possible and he said that I should just enter everything "on Monday thank you for calling have a good day <click>"
B_Seegmiller

Re: Locked out of finances, everybody gone until Monday

Post by B_Seegmiller »

Kind of sad, certainly could have been handled better. Reminds me of the Grondahl cartoon of the afterlife at one of the clerk stations that might presumably be there. A charred-looking fellow is standing at the counter, and one clerk is saying to the other "He claims to have paid his tithing, but still got burned. I'm going to lunch, can you handle it?"

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”