MLS knowledgebase in the works yet?

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
daddy-o-p40

MLS knowledgebase in the works yet?

Post by daddy-o-p40 »

This has been a heavily requested capability. People just want the ability to check a knowledgebase for known issues and find remedies or workarounds.

Has anyone heard any buzz about whether the MLS online knowledgebase effort is in the work yet?
"What have I done for someone today?" Thomas Monson
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

enriquer wrote:This has been a heavily requested capability. People just want the ability to check a knowledgebase for known issues and find remedies or workarounds.

Has anyone heard any buzz about whether the MLS online knowledgebase effort is in the work yet?

There was a discussion of a wiki at http://tech.lds.org/forum/showpost.php? ... ostcount=9. TomW said there that "a Wiki is something we would like to provide on this web site. We are working on approvals to do so."

And of course you know about the thread on a knowledge base that you started at http://tech.lds.org/forum/showthread.php?t=366, but although TomW said on that thread that we should "stay tuned," I guess the idea is either delayed or denied.

In the absence of an official knowledge base, we as a clerk community can contribute to this forum; between us, I would think that we could come up with most of the issues, remedies, and workarounds you seek.
childsdj

Post by childsdj »

I am having the local unit support group post some of their knowledge base articles that are fairly safe for a public view under the clerk.lds.org site. You have to search on keywords or topics to find them. We will continue to populate the site with KB articles and tips of the week type articles that are searchable.

I have been trying to get the Wiki idea together. The first phase was to get the clerk,lds,org site up and this discussion forum running. We are close to now looking at how we could incorporate a Wiki off of this site. I know that there was some great work done on some external wikis that maybe we could glean if I can get one set up off of clerk.lds.org.

I am open to suggestions, but realize that these things do not go up overnight, but I will continue to push for it.
daddy-o-p40

Post by daddy-o-p40 »

Thank you. It's good to know it is still being kicked around.

Some of the guys in my stake would like to see it accessible within MLS too. It makes sense from a operability standpoint.

I'd be okay with that if it wasn't a huge impact on the transmission tmes.
WelchTC

Post by WelchTC »

It takes a long time to get new ideas through our processes. We apologize for that. I was in a meeting last week where a general tech wiki was discussed.

Tom
daddy-o-p40

Post by daddy-o-p40 »

Is it for lack of IT bandwidth?

If so I am certain I could round up some techie volunteers to help.
WelchTC

Post by WelchTC »

enriquer wrote:Is it for lack of IT bandwidth?

At this point it is not technical but we need to work with other departments to remove or minimize fears of how a wiki could get out of control. Lots of discussion with lots of very very busy people.

Tom

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”