MLS~LDS.org sync change in bishop

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
woodnd

MLS~LDS.org sync change in bishop

Post by woodnd »

We had a recent change in the bishopric such that our old bishop became the stake president. The stake has submitted the appropriate form to SLC for the bishopric change and I made the changes in our local MLS. Everything in our local MLS is correct in listing the bishopric names and dates. LDS.org shows our new bishop as the president of the priests quorum, but not as the bishop.

Any suggestions???
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: MLS~LDS.org sync change in bishop

Post by jdlessley »

It takes a while for the changes to be processed. Tier one positions require manual processing and take longer than others. One feature of ward MLS is that the bishop position can be changed. However, that change is only local and is not processed at headquarters. The LUCR ( Leader and Unit Change Request) is electronically submitted through stake MLS. Until the bishop change is processed at headquarters and received in ward MLS the previous bishop will be displayed as the Priests Quorum President.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

The holiday week might have delayed it, should be done by Monday afternoon, if not, I'd make the call.
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

It has been mentioned, but since there aren't unpublished changes in CDOL I would say that the stake has not submitted the change to the Bishop. They will need to use the Leader and Unit Change Request feature within MLS to make this happen.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

woodnd wrote:The stake has submitted the appropriate form to SLC for the bishopric change
JonesRK wrote:It has been mentioned, but since there aren't unpublished changes in CDOL I would say that the stake has not submitted the change to the Bishop. They will need to use the Leader and Unit Change Request feature within MLS to make this happen.
Note that these are two separate steps. Sometimes stakes assume that because they have submitted the request for a new bishop to Church headquarters and have received authorization for him to be sustained, that they are done.

That's not the case; after the bishop has been sustained, the stake (usually the stake clerk) needs to fill out the LUCR in stake MLS as JonesRK mentioned. That's the trigger for the changes to CDOL, which are essential for the new bishop to be listed in directories properly and to have the correct permissions to a variety of online tools. And, as has been noted, this LUCR has to be processed by someone at CHQ by hand, so that can take a couple of days.

So I'd recommend that you check with your stake clerk and remind him that he needs to submit the LUCR.
woodnd

Post by woodnd »

Thank you everyone! I have much to follow-up on.

Best wishes,

Nate

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”