leadership recommendation forms not working!

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
jglanfield

leadership recommendation forms not working!

Post by jglanfield »

Our stake president has filled out these forms, and when we go to print them (pressing the Adobe PDF symbol), the new webpage simply comes up blank. I've tried this on: Firefox, Chrome and Safari on both Mac and Windows.

Any suggestions?
jeromer7

Post by jeromer7 »

An indirect answer is to use the forms in MLS. We (the Stake Executive Secretary and me (Stake Clerk)) recently tried the online bishop recommendation form in the Leader Portal, but had to add a lot of information manually that is automatically filled in in the MLS form. From our perspective, using MLS is an easier choice.

I found it interesting that only the Stake President and Executive Secretary had access to the recommendation forms (per the access matrix) though I have access to the same forms in MLS.

Since you have to print the online forms out to sign, date and mail them (maybe this will change in the future) just like MLS, the only advantage I can see is for a president that lives a great distance from the stake center.

I'm not saying this is bad, options are always nice.

As for your specific problem, there are lots of "funny" things going on all over LDS.org these days. For awhile this afternoon, when I tried to get to LDS.org, the Classic Web site came up. It was back to normal this evening. So, maybe your president's experience was one of those temporary glitches that are often reported here on the Forum.
JLR
jglanfield

Post by jglanfield »

Is there any way to download these forms online (not via the leadership tools), or is MLS the only answer?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

jeromer7 wrote:Since you have to print the online forms out to sign, date and mail them (maybe this will change in the future) just like MLS,

Just to clarify, in MLS you send in the form electronically and do not have to print it out. I think that is what you meant, and as you say, hopefully someone with the correct rights will be able to do the same through LDS.org in the future.
mclundgren

Re: leadership recommendation forms not working!

Post by mclundgren »

How do you access the New Bishop Recommendation on lds.org? What menu is it under?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

mclundgren wrote:How do you access the New Bishop Recommendation on lds.org? What menu is it under?
In Leader Resources, it is under Membership / Forms. You have to be either the stake president or the stake executive secretary to see the menu item. Stake clerks cannot see it.
mtwerner

Post by mtwerner »

Note that New Leader Recommendation forms (including for bishops) were added to Clerk Resources in release 2.2.6 (see release notes at https://www.lds.org/callings/melchizede ... s?lang=eng). I can see them as stake clerk.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”