Ipod Address vs MLS

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Member Tools Application.
techgy
Community Moderators

Ipod Address vs MLS

Post by techgy »

From a member of our stake the following question;
I have the app LDS Tools on my iPod. Used it to look up a family's address that I visited today. They have lived there for a long time, and it showed the correct address.

Yesterday we printed out a Branch list yesterday from MLS, and lo and behold it lists an old address for the family. In LDS.org/directory it also has the old address.

Why would MLS have an old address while the LDS Tools app have the new and correct one? Any thoughts?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Ipod Address vs MLS

Post by russellhltn »

Most likely, someone re-entered the old address thinking it was the new/current one. That could be done in MLS or on-line by a clerk. It's a good argument for checking to make sure that only the clerks have membership edit rights in MLS.

If you want to test that theory, have the member re-sync LDS Tools. I'll bet it goes to the old address.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “iPhone/iPad Member Tools App”