How does someone go about getting approval to use Church content?

Some discussions just don't fit into a well defined box. Use this forum to discuss general topics and issues revolving around the Church and the technology offerings we use and share.
daddy-o-p40

How does someone go about getting approval to use Church content?

Post by daddy-o-p40 »

The www.moregoodfoundation.org seems to have obtained permission to use church content (copyrighted material.)

Does anyone know what the process is to get this kind of approval?

To keep from diluting the subject matter please refrain from replying unless you have actionable info based on official instructions.

Thanks!
"What have I done for someone today?" Thomas Monson
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

enriquer wrote:The www.moregoodfoundation.org seems to have obtained permission to use church content (copyrighted material.)

In order for anyone to comment helpfully on this topic, it would be helpful if you would explain a bit more about why you think they have received such permission, preferably with a URL to the place on the site that leads you to that claim. In my quick perusing of the site, it seemed that they only used excerpts that would fall within the fair-use doctrine of U.S. copyright law.
enriquer wrote: To keep from diluting the subject matter please refrain from replying unless you have actionable info based on official instructions.!
This is an inappropriate request, which I will not honor (which is obvious from this post :)). If you would like more details, or to comment on this statement, please see this thread, so that the current thread can stay on topic.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

enriquer wrote:The www.moregoodfoundation.org seems to have obtained permission to use church content (copyrighted material.)

A couple of clicks led me to THIS page on the lds.org website. For the "official instructions" you seek, you are encouraged to make use of the contact information for the Church's Intellectual Property Office found near the bottom of the page.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
daddy-o-p40

Post by daddy-o-p40 »

Mikerowaved,

Thanks for the info and staying on topic. I am still hoping someone has been down this road already and could share what they learned.

Thanks again!
"What have I done for someone today?" Thomas Monson
WelchTC

Post by WelchTC »

You need to contact the Church's Intellectual Property department. The Moregood Foundation works closely with the Church for appropriate approvals.

Tom

Return to “General Discussions”