unable to change or delete some callings

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
johnstacer

unable to change or delete some callings

Post by johnstacer »

Some custom callings won't let me change member name. They are in black. I have searched the forum and found several who are experiencing the same problem, but I found no real solutions. Anything new on this?
mwyman

Re: unable to change or delete some callings

Post by mwyman »

I am having the same problem. I was not able to mark them as set apart either but I found a back way to mark them as set apart by going to the list of all members with callings. I still don't know a way to get rid of those callings.
Gary_Miller

Post by Gary_Miller »

This problem accrued with the last major MLS upgrade to fix it. You have to go to the page where custom callings are created and delete the entire calling. You can then add it back in and should have no more problems.
mwyman

Post by mwyman »

So I did that today and managed to fix most of them, but I still have a few problems with some custom callings in our Elders Quorum and Relief Society. I went and deleted the custom callings and made new ones but for several of them remained grayed out even though that calling was no longer listed in the list of custom callings. Any ideas?
Gary_Miller

Post by Gary_Miller »

Do a send and receive after you delete the calling. You may also want to wait a couple of days after you delete the calling before adding it back in.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

johnstacer wrote:Some custom callings won't let me change member name. They are in black. I have searched the forum and found several who are experiencing the same problem, but I found no real solutions. Anything new on this?
I found that by going to the Members with Callings menu, all the callings can be removed from there, when it wasn't possible to remove them under the Callings by Organisation menu! I found this by accident after having done a Unit Refresh, for an unrelated problem!

Just make sure you have made a note of those callings you want to change, so putting them back is less painful!

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”