Can't Login

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
solveigquass

Can't Login

Post by solveigquass »

I can login online but can't on my iphone using the login and password. this is not first time I have had trouble logining in. Why?
1. How do I get access to LDS tools, now?
2. Why do you folks periodically require me to login in the first place? It's my phone. I'm still the one using it. Why all the security? Gag this is pain.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Can't Login

Post by jdlessley »

solveigquass wrote:I can login online but can't on my iphone using the login and password.
You posted in the Directory forum which is to discuss the online Directory. Are you logging in using a browser or through LDS Tools? If a browser, what browser are you using? If LDS Tools, this thread will be moved to the iPhone/iPad LDS Tools forum to be discussed. Until we know what log-on access you are having difficulty with we can only guess. We also need to know what exactly is happening when you try to log on so we can narrow down the possible issues.
solveigquass wrote:Why do you folks periodically require me to login in the first place?
The forum is user-to-user support. Occasionally church employees come to the forum. But even those that do have no decision authority for something such as the requirement to implement or remove access security control measures. That decision is made at a much higher level.

The requirement to log in is established by the Church to protect sensitive and confidential information. Cell phones can be lost or stolen. People other than the owner can use a personal phone even when not lost or stolen. Logging on ensures whoever is accessing the information has the proper credentials to do so.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”