How to get children's names to NOT show in directory

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
kristinforsyth

How to get children's names to NOT show in directory

Post by kristinforsyth »

I would *really* like it if only my childrens' initials and not their full names (some have only their first name and one for some odd reason has his middle name) would be shown in the directory. If it was up to me, I would not have my children showing up at all for privacy reasons. Who do I contact to change this (I already asked at the ward level and they have no clue)...seems odd that I cannot control that in my own account. Also, just to be persnickety, I'd really like my address properly capitalized but I can't change this either. I know it appears correctly in our records, so no idea why it isn't showing up properly in my LDS.org account. Help?
Gary_Miller

Re: How to get children's names to NOT show in directory

Post by Gary_Miller »

kristinforsyth wrote:I would *really* like it if only my childrens' initials and not their full names (some have only their first name and one for some odd reason has his middle name) would be shown in the directory. If it was up to me, I would not have my children showing up at all for privacy reasons. Who do I contact to change this (I already asked at the ward level and they have no clue)...seems odd that I cannot control that in my own account.
I know of no way to completely make it so the children will not show in the directory. As far as just showing their initials. Your ward clerk could set the preferred name to only their initials as the preferred name is what shows in the on line directory. This has to be done in MLS.

kristinforsyth wrote:Also, just to be persnickety, I'd really like my address properly capitalized but I can't change this either. I know it appears correctly in our records, so no idea why it isn't showing up properly in my LDS.org account. Help?
All address corrections must be done in MLS. So have the clerk fix it in MLS.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

kristinforsyth wrote:I would *really* like it if only my childrens' initials and not their full names (some have only their first name and one for some odd reason has his middle name) would be shown in the directory.
As mentioned, you can have their "preferred name" set that way, but then it will appear that way in most ward documents - including class rolls. Not just on-line.

Note that except for leaders like the stake presidency, no one outside of your ward can see your children. So that measure of privacy is already in place. You can further restrict individual contact information or even the entire household. You can find the details here
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
ehardman

Post by ehardman »

On the other hand, as Stake Patriarch I would like to be able to see the children in the family listed to help in my preparation. Is there some way for me to do this?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

ehardman wrote:On the other hand, as Stake Patriarch I would like to be able to see the children in the family listed to help in my preparation. Is there some way for me to do this?
There is no configuration setting.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mevans

Post by mevans »

ehardman wrote:On the other hand, as Stake Patriarch I would like to be able to see the children in the family listed to help in my preparation. Is there some way for me to do this?
Interesting you ask this. I seem to remember a post a while back where another patriarch had a similar request for similar reasons. You'll need to consult with your stake president. He can have the stake clerk periodically give you a stake list with the information if he approves your request.

Your stake president could also submit feedback to CHQ about a need for this if he agrees. You can submit a request for it via the feedback link found on many pages on lds.org
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

mevans wrote:I seem to remember a post a while back where another patriarch had a similar request for similar reasons.
You're thinking of Patriarch view of Directory.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”