organizations vs attendance rolls

Discuss where to obtain or how to fill out specific reports or forms.
joeypb

organizations vs attendance rolls

Post by joeypb »

I am looking at this through the Clerk Resources (I am the new Ward Clerk) ...

Why is it that if I look through Organizations and through Attendance Rolls, they are never matched exactly? The lists are not the same? Ex: My High Priest organization has only 11 members, but when I generate the attendance roll for High Priest Group there are more than 70 in the roll?
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: organizations vs attendance rolls

Post by lajackson »

joeypb wrote:Why is it that if I look through Organizations and through Attendance Rolls, they are never matched exactly? The lists are not the same? Ex: My High Priest organization has only 11 members, but when I generate the attendance roll for High Priest Group there are more than 70 in the roll?
In the example you have given, the attendance roll will also include all of the prospective elders for which the high priests group is responsible. Are these the extra 59 names you are seeing?
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

lajackson wrote:
joeypb wrote:Why is it that if I look through Organizations and through Attendance Rolls, they are never matched exactly? The lists are not the same? Ex: My High Priest organization has only 11 members, but when I generate the attendance roll for High Priest Group there are more than 70 in the roll?
In the example you have given, the attendance roll will also include all of the prospective elders for which the high priests group is responsible. Are these the extra 59 names you are seeing?
The prospective elders assigned to the High Priest Group should show up in the High Priest organization in the Clerk and Leader Resources site and on the attendance roll. Both lists are the same for my ward. If you look at the High Priest organization in the Clerk And Leader Resources site you can quickly tell which are prospective elders and which are High Priests because it shows the priesthood office of each member.

However, it looks like the Directory only includes actual Elders in the Elders organization and High Priests in the High Priests organization. That does seem like a bug (or perhaps it hasn't been updated since actual organization data was added to the main membership database).
youngcreative

Post by youngcreative »

I am also having the same problem. When i try to print a High Priest attendance roll, it is including all potential Elders along with the actual High Priests. This appears to be a huge bug!
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

youngcreative wrote:I am also having the same problem. When i try to print a High Priest attendance roll, it is including all potential Elders along with the actual High Priests. This appears to be a huge bug!
It isn't a bug. Prospective elders must be assigned to either the Elders or the High Priests group. By default they are assigned to the High Priests group so if your ward hasn't changed anything they will show up on the High Priests roll. If any of them should be assigned to the Elders you (or a clerk if you don't have rights) can go to the High Priests section in MLS, look at the Members list on the first tab, click Remove for each such prospective elder and select the Elders quorum as the destination organization. Whether a prospective elder should be assigned to the Elders or High Priests is a decision for the bishop (in consultation with the PEC).

But prospective elders must be assigned to one of the organizations and will show up on their roll. There is no roll specifically for prospective elders because they always meet with one or the other organization.

Return to “Reports and Forms”