GL3.0 for Android?

Discussions around the Android version of the Gospel Library application.
ozozznozzy

GL3.0 for Android?

Post by ozozznozzy »

Well, Apple users have yet another reason to celebrate as the developers create the clean, clear, and beautiful Gospel Library app 3.0 for OS6 users. What is the scoop on a 3.0 for android? Is it in development? Or have the developers favorited the Apple community? I'm always excited to see the new changes. Please post if you know anything regarding.
johnshaw

Re: GL3.0 for Android?

Post by johnshaw »

You can follow along with all the latest builds here http://ldsmobiletester.com/ And yes, the head start that IOS received seems insurmountable.
“A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom.”
― Thomas Paine, Common Sense
DrJ1234

Post by DrJ1234 »

It looks like the latest version availble from ldsmobiletester is 2.6. I wish they'd give us a roadmap, so we know when to expect 3.0

I didn't know there was an LDS Music app in development, though, so thanks for that link.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I believe "the developers" are different teams, so it's not like one team is deliberately keeping Android behind. I'm also not sure that the iOS version numbers corresponds to Android versions.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
andrewroberts98

Post by andrewroberts98 »

That is correct. There are two separate teams, because the platforms for iOS and Android are very different. We are trying to implement what features we can, while fixing various compatibility issues, since Android is an open device platform.
ctubby

Post by ctubby »

Is version 3.0 of the Gospel Library getting close for Android?
jasonhyer

Post by jasonhyer »

Comparing versions isn't going to get you very far. There will be a version 3.0 for Android but it will not contain all of the same features that are in the iOS version and Android will contain some features not available in the iOS version. Because the platforms are different and they both have their strengths and weaknesses, the development teams will try to keep parity between the apps but it won't always be possible because of the OS.

With that said the Android developers are working toward a version 3.0 but when they get there will be determined by what happens with the releases leading up to it. The next scheduled release will be 2.6 which has currently just started beta testing.
Jason Hyer

Return to “Android Gospel Library”