Location missing in synced events

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Location missing in synced events

Post by russellhltn »

The problem seems to be erratic, but it's happened to me twice now. An event that syncs to my Google calendar is missing the location. So far I've not found a pattern, but I've noticed it on a repeating event that takes place at different places - and when the event is in the very near future (hours).

Anyone else seen this?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Re: Location missing in synced events

Post by sbradshaw »

For me (I sync to Apple's "Calendar"), it doesn't show "Other location"s – it only shows locations chosen from the list when scheduling an event. Could that be the problem?

There is also a problem with which locations sync to the LDS Tools iOS app... that seems somewhat sporadic.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

No, I looked for that pattern. It wasn't showing me "booked" rooms. But only on some events. Other events showed me the same room.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jzimsky

Post by jzimsky »

I have noted the same lack of information for "other location" events. I would consider it a bug. Have also noted the sporadic sync issues. I get the error -1 issue which I am told could be attempts to sync too often, not sure I believe that as I get the error when I know I haven't made any attempts for an extended period of time.

Return to “Calendar”