Event descriptions printed on calendars.

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
amybailey

Event descriptions printed on calendars.

Post by amybailey »

I would like to see event descriptions printed on calendars. in the YW we have activities on Wednesday nights from 7 - 8:30 but each class is doing a different activity We have been adding class details in the description section but when we print the calendar is just says "YW Mutual". Should we make individual events for each class?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Moderator note

Post by jdlessley »

[Moderator note: This thread was spit from the Printing calendars thread because the topics are different. Please abide by the Code of Conduct which states, "Do not start a new topic in an existing thread; instead start a new thread."]
amybailey wrote:I would like to see event descriptions printed on calendars. ... Should we make individual events for each class?
I recommend printing the calendar in the Agenda view and check the advanced option "Show Description". This option is not available when printing in the week view or the month view.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
Gary_Miller

Re: Event descriptions printed on calendars.

Post by Gary_Miller »

amybailey wrote:Should we make individual events for each class?
Yes.

I also think its a good idea for each class to have their own calendar layer with the class presidency as calendar editors. Let the girls manage their calendar.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Event descriptions printed on calendars.

Post by russellhltn »

amybailey wrote:Should we make individual events for each class?
That may not be a bad idea. In addition to the individual details, it also makes scheduling the rooms easier. That may not be a big deal for rooms where there is no competition, but it would be significant if one group decided they wanted to use the cultural hall.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Calendar”