Cannot access newsletter

Discussions about the Newsletter Tool at LDS.org.
ejistook

Cannot access newsletter

Post by ejistook »

I am bishop of a YSA ward. No matter how many times I have tried, I cannot access the Newsletter function via lds.org.

Whenever I click any link to go to it, I first get a new login screen. Upon logging in, I get a flashing screen that displays this error message (screen grab attached), saying "An error has occurred. Please try your request again or return to the homepage."

I am using a desktop running Windows 7. I have tried accessing both via Chrome and Internet Explorer browsers. No success.

Help, please!
Attachments
Error Msg.jpg
(79.78 KiB) Downloaded 282 times
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Cannot access newsletter

Post by russellhltn »

Are able to get to other functions for that same unit, such as calendar and directory?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
ejistook

Post by ejistook »

yes
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

ejistook wrote:I am bishop of a YSA ward.
In that case I'd call the Global Service Center. If you walk though the menu system, you should find some help.

This forum is primarily user-to-user support. Sometimes we see a developer who can help, they haven't been around lately. This doesn't seem to be a "user error". So we're not able to help.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
tim_miller

Post by tim_miller »

I have been called as the Stake Newsletter rep and do not have access to write or post articles, how do I get access rights?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

tim_miller wrote:I have been called as the Stake Newsletter rep and do not have access to write or post articles, how do I get access rights?
Someone in your stake presidency or the stake web admin will have to give you rights. There is no official calling like "Stake Newsletter rep" so simply putting you in that calling will not automaticalliy give you rights.

You can read the newsletter help file for more information.

Return to “Newsletter”