Calendar for YSA Stake

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
ToponceKC

Calendar for YSA Stake

Post by ToponceKC »

Some of the members of the stake high council are having problems seeing the YSA stake calendar. They can see their home ward and their home stake but not the YSA stake they are assigned to. What are they doing wrong. Or is there something we need to do on the stake level to give them access.
Gary_Miller

Re: Calendar for YSA Stake

Post by Gary_Miller »

There needs to be an out of unit record created and then assigned to a standard position for them to be able to see the calendar.
ToponceKC

Post by ToponceKC »

That was done when they were called to the position of high council. They still do not have access.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Check to make sure that all the information about the out-of-unit leader is recorded: MRN, Priesthood, etc. I'm not sure exactly what's required, but if it's missing something important, they will not have access.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

russellhltn wrote:Check to make sure that all the information about the out-of-unit leader is recorded: MRN, Priesthood, etc. I'm not sure exactly what's required, but if it's missing something important, they will not have access.
Actually, no, that's not true. If there is enough information to enter the calling in MLS then the calling will go to CDOL and should provide access. Additional information on the out-of-unit record doesn't get transferred out of MLS.

I'd check in CDOL and make sure the high councilors show up and are in black text. That will indicate whether they are entered with the correct standard position. If they don't show up then I'd try removing the calling in MLS and reentering it to see if that will push it to CDOL. If the calling is in orange then the calling isn't the standard high councilor calling and that needs to be corrected in MLS.

If they do show up in black then there is probably something wrong with their headers. Have one of them go to http://lds.org/header and look for the line that starts with policy-ldspositions. There should be a p94 in the line. If not then something didn't sync from CDOL to the authentication system. If that's the case then we will probably need JonesRK to let us know what to do.
ToponceKC

Post by ToponceKC »

We have checked the CDOL. They all show correctly. They all have access to stake memberships. Stake leadership and other items. They have even done audits. But I have 3 that have access to everything but the stake calendar. I have even given edit rights to all the high council. Everyone but these guys can access and make changes. As a follow up question. Some of them have calendars that show a different color for each different calendar. But for some all the calendars are the same color. Why is that. I am the one who set up the calendar. I am also the one who has entered most of the high council into the stake. I have done each one the same. As I said only 3 have no access.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

toponcekc wrote:As a follow up question. Some of them have calendars that show a different color for each different calendar. But for some all the calendars are the same color. Why is that.
Colors are an individual thing -- each member can set his own set of colors. Just what colors are selected as defaults by the system is not clear to me. It does seem to be affected by factors (perhaps the number of subscribed calendars for their ward and stake) that could be different for different people. In any case, they can go ahead and choose whatever calendar colors they want.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

toponcekc wrote:We have checked the CDOL. They all show correctly. They all have access to stake memberships. Stake leadership and other items. They have even done audits. But I have 3 that have access to everything but the stake calendar. I have even given edit rights to all the high council. Everyone but these guys can access and make changes. As a follow up question. Some of them have calendars that show a different color for each different calendar. But for some all the calendars are the same color. Why is that. I am the one who set up the calendar. I am also the one who has entered most of the high council into the stake. I have done each one the same. As I said only 3 have no access.
Currently your stake only has 9 high councilors listed in CDOL. It sounds like the remaining 3 need to be added (unless your high council is running short right now).
ToponceKC

Post by ToponceKC »

That would be correct. The stake is running short.

Return to “Calendar”