Can't access class schedule

Discussions about the Lesson Schedules Tool
jerrykhan

Can't access class schedule

Post by jerrykhan »

I am having a hard time accessing the lessons. Went to help and they said the lessons were supposed to appear on the left hand side of the screen. I looked on both side of the screen can't see the aforementioned lesson. Can someone help me down the road to learn more about All the important information contained.

Thank You,
Jerry Afzal Khan
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Can't access class schedule

Post by jdlessley »

When you go to the Lesson Schedules main page and there are no classes listed on the right side of the page then your unit has not set up any classes for your unit. If there are classes listed on the right of the page then the class lessons will not be listed on the left of the page until the checkbox next to the name of those classes in which you are interested are checked.

If you are an administrator then you will have the "Administration" link on the right side of the page and on the same line as your unit name below the "Lesson Schedules" title. Click that link to begin to add classes. Steps to set up classes is found in Setting Up Lesson Schedules.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
dave.ferguson

Post by dave.ferguson »

My unit has loaded classes.
I've checked the right boxes.
I've turned off pop-up blockers.
I'm not inside a firewall.
Others in my ward can see the lessons.
I cannot. I used to be able to under the legacy system.
What am I doing wrong?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

dave.ferguson wrote:Others in my ward can see the lessons. I cannot.
The information provided gives us little to go on. Perhaps if you answer some questions we may be able to narrow the problem down.

Are you able to go to other LDS.org tools such as calendar and directory and see everything for those tools?
What are you seeing when you select the Lesson Schedules tool? Does the page come up at all?
What do you see on the Lesson Schedules main page?
dave.ferguson wrote:I've checked the right boxes.
What boxes have you checked? On the Lesson Schedules main page the there should be a list of classes on the right side of the page. Are you saying you have all the classes listed there checked? What do you see on the left side of the page? Just below your ward name on the left of the page is a date selector. What date do you have selected?

Are the names of the classes checked on the right of the page appear on the left of the page with a "View Year" link to the right of the class name?
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
dave.ferguson

Post by dave.ferguson »

Yes, I'm able to go to all other LDS.org sites without problems. I can see everything.
On the Lessons Schedule, I can see the right side of the page and the date selector. I can select forward and back. So I checked High Priests and RS boxes. I see a small circle status wheel briefly appear but I don't see anything on the left hand side. BTW, I can access fine on my smart phone.
mevans

Post by mevans »

dave.ferguson wrote:Yes, I'm able to go to all other LDS.org sites without problems...BTW, I can access fine on my smart phone.
When you access the other sites without problem, please confirm that you see information for *your* ward/stake when doing this and not some other ward/stake. For example, go to the directory. Are these people in your ward?

You said you could access it from your smartphone without problem. I assume you mean you're using LDS Tools on your smartphone and not a web browser?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

dave.ferguson wrote:On the Lessons Schedule, I can see the right side of the page and the date selector. ... I see a small circle status wheel briefly appear but I don't see anything on the left hand side.
What browser are you using?
What date is displayed in the date navigator?
JD Lessley
dave.ferguson

Post by dave.ferguson »

Yes, I can see all other data on the LDS site including the directory with my ward's members.
I can see the lessons schedule on my smart phone using the Safari web browser and logging on as usual.
The date on the selector is today's date. I can go forward and backward on the dates.
mevans

Post by mevans »

Hmmm....this one's getting interesting.

You answered a question that you're using Safari browser on your phone, but I don't believe I saw you mention which browser you're using on your desktop/laptop where Lesson Schedules does not work properly.

Please let us know the operating system (Windows or Mac) and the version. Also, let us know which web browser you're using and its version. Have you tried any other web browsers?

If you can find another person in your ward for whom this works, see if that person will let you log into his/her computer with your LDS Account and see if it fails for you there or if it works properly.

The fact that it works on your phone makes me think there's something with your computer/browser configuration. Most likely some of us here can help you figure out and fix the issue.

Return to “Lesson Schedules”