Disable DHCP on 881W?

Discussions about Internet service providers (ISPs), the Meetinghouse Firewall, wired and wireless networking, usage, management, and support of Meetinghouse Internet
kevin.fairchild

Disable DHCP on 881W?

Post by kevin.fairchild »

Does anybody know of a way to disable DHCP on the 881W firewall? I'm trying to figure out a way to prevent any unnecessary network devices from using bandwidth during a broadcast.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Disable DHCP on 881W?

Post by russellhltn »

There is no access to the 881W configuration. You can call Global Support, but I think a better plan is to unplug all access points and only allow the needed devices to connect via a wired connection. I would not recommend using wireless during a broadcast.

As for the wireless built into the 881 itself, remove the antennas.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

kevin.fairchild wrote:Does anybody know of a way to disable DHCP on the 881W firewall? I'm trying to figure out a way to prevent any unnecessary network devices from using bandwidth during a broadcast.
Not locally. There are future plans to allow the turning off of WiFi. Until then, about all that can be done is to remove the antennas from the firewall.

There is much discussion at the Meetinghouse Internet forum on the topic, which you may find helpful.
rolandc

Post by rolandc »

Put all you AP's on a single power strip, flip switch and they are off.
Roland

Return to “Meetinghouse Internet”