Xerox WorkCentre 4260 ip addressing

Discussions about Internet service providers (ISPs), the Meetinghouse Firewall, wired and wireless networking, usage, management, and support of Meetinghouse Internet
tstaskiewicz

Xerox WorkCentre 4260 ip addressing

Post by tstaskiewicz »

We have a Xerox 4260 and I want to set it up with a dedicated IP Address so it can be reached from the Bishop's and Clerk's offices. Currently I have it attached via Ethernet to a workstation in the library. I have an IP Address assigned but it appears to be in the DHCP pool as well. Because the printer is attached to a workstation, if the workstation is turned off, the DHCP server doesn't know the printer exists and the IP Address gets assigned out to another device.

My question is do we have a pool of addresses reserved to assign as static addresses? If so, what is the range? Also, if there is a pool of static addresses is there typically some waiting for assignment? Our building is set up for three Wards, but we have only two currently. The netmask is 255.255.255.128 the addresses being handed out are in the upper range with the default gateway at XX.XXX.XXX.129.

If there is no pool who can assign the mac address within the pool to reserve an IP Address for the printer?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Xerox WorkCentre 4260 ip addressing

Post by russellhltn »

Yes, there are static IPs available. I'd get with the Stake Technology Specilist to work out the static assignment. If you have a 881W firewall, he can see the static range in tm.lds.org.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Meetinghouse Internet”