The Date is January 1st

Discussions around the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch versions of the Member Tools Application.
lajackson
Community Moderators

The Date is January 1st

Post by lajackson »

Congratulations. There must have been an update.

Once again, everyone was born, baptized, ordained, married, or anything else on the same day, January 1st.

This happened once before. Sorry to see it happen again. But since it is a repeat, it should be quick to fix.

User has an iPhone.

Thanks.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: The Date is January 1st

Post by lajackson »

Well, here it is late August and everyone is still celebrating on the same date. Did I miss a fix, or does the user need to scrap and reload, or is a larger dose of patience in order?

This particular user is very unhappy to have lost this data, but so far I have convinced him that his area authority is not going to be able to solve the problem.

And I am so glad I defected to the dark side. At least one of us in meetings can pull up the correct information.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Our stake president is very frustrated that everyone on his iPhone in LDS Tools was born on January 1st. Is anyone here having the same problem? Has this been resolved in a later release, that perhaps he cannot get because he is using an older iPhone?

He is afraid to delete the app because he is not sure there is an older version at iTunes to reinstall, and having all dates show January 1st is better than having nothing at all.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

IOS 5.0 or later is the current requirement for the latest version of LDS Tools.

If his device meets this criteria, deleting and reinstalling should sort the date problem. However I don't see, in iTunes, any older versions of LDS Tools available for older versions of IOS.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

Biggles wrote:IOS 5.0 or later is the current requirement for the latest version of LDS Tools.
Then our stake president is stuck until he buys a new phone. And if he loses the one he has in the meantime, he will go without because he will not be able to reinstall. I will warn him. Too bad. He has only had his phone a year and is not planning to make a change.

I had the same problem with an older iPod Touch once. When it worked, it worked well. But I was at the mercy of someone else when it came to the hardware upgrade schedule. So I defected.
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

As of a couple days ago, the "last compatible" version of an app can be downloaded to an older device from the App Store. So he should be able to download that older version again. See this article: http://appleinsider.com/articles/13/09/ ... er-devices
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

sbradshaw wrote:As of a couple days ago, the "last compatible" version of an app can be downloaded to an older device from the App Store. So he should be able to download that older version again. See this article: http://appleinsider.com/articles/13/09/ ... er-devices
That is good news, but will reloading the older version of the app solve the date problem?
sbradshaw
Community Moderators

Post by sbradshaw »

lajackson wrote:
sbradshaw wrote:As of a couple days ago, the "last compatible" version of an app can be downloaded to an older device from the App Store. So he should be able to download that older version again. See this article: http://appleinsider.com/articles/13/09/ ... er-devices
That is good news, but will reloading the older version of the app solve the date problem?
I don't know, but deleting and reinstalling the app is worth a try...

Return to “iPhone/iPad Member Tools App”