Directory

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
Barbi8965

Directory

Post by Barbi8965 »

How can I access my stake directory? I need to contact someone.
B Jackson, Stafford NJ Branch
Barbi8965

Re: Directory

Post by Barbi8965 »

I don't know how to access my stake directory. I used to be able to get contact info. Is that not available now?
Barbara Jackson/Stafford NJ Branch
Gary_Miller

Post by Gary_Miller »

Barbara, you need to sign into the directory on using your LDS login on LDS.ORG.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Gary_Miller wrote:Barbara, you need to sign into the directory on using your LDS login on LDS.ORG.
After you do that, click on the drop-down list in the upper left corner and select "stake information".
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
marianomarini

Post by marianomarini »

russellhltn wrote:
Gary_Miller wrote:Barbara, you need to sign into the directory on using your LDS login on LDS.ORG.
After you do that, click on the drop-down list in the upper left corner and select "stake information".
I don't know if this apply to USA. Here in Italy we need members authorization to publish their personal information. So it's not sure you get wanted informations.
Strange enough, using LDSTools for Android all informations are available (maybe there's no chance to know downloader nation?).
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

marianomarini wrote:I don't know if this apply to USA. Here in Italy we need members authorization to publish their personal information. So it's not sure you get wanted informations.
In Europe, the rule is that members have to "opt in" to have their directory information displayed; in the USA, the default is that all directory information is displayed, and members have to "opt out" to hide their directory information.

Clearly that different default will result in a much lower portion of directory information being available in Europe.
marianomarini wrote:Strange enough, using LDSTools for Android all informations are available (maybe there's no chance to know downloader nation?).
The design of LDS Tools is that it should show basically the same information as the Directory. If you (by virtue of your calling) can see a particular household in the Directory on LDS.org, you should see the same household in LDS Tools. It has nothing to do with the "downloader nation" -- it's all about your calling and the visibility settings of the households and members you're tryhing to view.
marianomarini

Post by marianomarini »

aebrown wrote:The design of LDS Tools is that it should show basically the same information as the Directory. If you (by virtue of your calling) can see a particular household in the Directory on LDS.org, you should see the same household in LDS Tools. It has nothing to do with the "downloader nation" -- it's all about your calling and the visibility settings of the households and members you're tryhing to view.
As I mentioned even in other topics, this is not true.
When I login lds.org I can see only the name of almost all members. If I login LDSTools I can see all personal informations.
I don't think that my church position change between the two.
This is so true that I installed VirtualBox to use Android 4.0 in my laptop and see all the informations I need through LDSTools.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

marianomarini wrote:
aebrown wrote:The design of LDS Tools is that it should show basically the same information as the Directory. If you (by virtue of your calling) can see a particular household in the Directory on LDS.org, you should see the same household in LDS Tools. It has nothing to do with the "downloader nation" -- it's all about your calling and the visibility settings of the households and members you're tryhing to view.
As I mentioned even in other topics, this is not true.
When I login lds.org I can see only the name of almost all members. If I login LDSTools I can see all personal informations.
I don't think that my church position change between the two.
This is so true that I installed VirtualBox to use Android 4.0 in my laptop and see all the informations I need through LDSTools.
It depends on what you mean by "this". I will stand by my statement as being true, because I referred to the design of LDS Tools, and I said that you should see the same households in the Directory and LDS Tools.

But your statements refer to how it actually works for you. There are many possible reasons why you are seeing something different from how it is designed. I happen to see exactly the same households in the Directory on LDS.org, but I have a different calling and live in a different country from you. There may be other factors as well. But if you're seeing different sets of households in the Directory from what you see in LDS Tools, then that sounds like a bug to me.

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”