Members Details not updating on Clerk Resources

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
Biggles

Members Details not updating on Clerk Resources

Post by Biggles »

We recently had a members daughter (8 years old) baptised and confirmed. Due to finger trouble on my part, I inadvertently created a duplicate record for the child. When I realised my mistake, I took the measures to remove the original record without the ordinance information.

This worked fine in MLS, but on checking on-line the mothers ordinance and household records, the daughter is listed twice. The newly created record (with ordinances listed) is listed correctly. The other record (original) is also listed, without any ordinance information.

This happened a week ago and I have done many send/receives since then. I did contact LUS (twice), but I couldn't get them to understand the nature of the problem. All they wanted me to do was to keep checking that there wasn't a duplicate record in MLS, which there isn't.

Any thoughts on what/how/who, to remedy this?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Members Details not updating on Clerk Resources

Post by russellhltn »

Is there a duplicate on the mother's record?

What about if you do a unit refresh?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

russellhltn wrote:Is there a duplicate on the mother's record?

Only on the mothers online record.

What about if you do a unit refresh?
I had thought about that, but was concerned it might bring the duplicated record back to MLS!

Still it's something I can try, next time I'm at the meeting house.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Biggles wrote:I had thought about that, but was concerned it might bring the duplicated record back to MLS!
It might - but in doing so, it gives you a handle on the errant record. Apparently the first delete didn't "sync".
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

Well I did a unit refresh yesterday. The record came back as expected. Removed the incorrect record, did a sync. Checked online this morning, still shows the duplicate child in the mothers record.

The next course of action will be to contact LUS, but I'm not holding out much hope that they can do anything about the online record error!
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

The online record hadn't changed by Tuesday evening, so I contacted LUS. The representative couldn't have been more helpful. He actually listened to what I was requesting and assured me that it would be actioned. Checking Thursday morning the record had been indeed corrected!

So the moral is to persevere and trust you get someone who will listen!

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”