LDS.org Tools menu and Manage Photos page layout problem

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

LDS.org Tools menu and Manage Photos page layout problem

Post by jdlessley »

There is a problem with the LDS.org Tools menu drop-down and the layout of the Manage Photos page.

The photos and name field are layered on top of the LDS.org Tools menu drop-down menu list when the LDS.org Tools menu is selected while the Manage Photos page is displayed . This makes those menu items now layered beneath the photos and name field inaccessible.

This layout behavior was the same for Firefox, Chrome, and IE8. I did not test for any other browsers.

This has been reported through the LDS.org feedback link.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: LDS.org Tools menu and Manage Photos page layout problem

Post by aebrown »

This is similar in some ways to the problem reported in Change location of information display box. Both topics deal with the z-order of menu links.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

I got a response from the LDS.org feedback link. I am being told there is no problem. I am being told the problem must be with my computer or browser. I can't convince them there is a problem. i just checked all three computer systems (Windows 8, Windows XP SP3, and Ubuntu 12.04) and four browsers, IE10, IE8, Chrome 27 and Firefox 21. They all still show the same problem.

Part of their rationalization that the problem is local to my computers or browsers is because I am the only one who has reported the problem.

To get this fixed will require others to report this problem. The programmers will not take a problem report from one person as being a valid indication of a problem. The only people who will see the problem are those with administrator privileges because the problem appears on the "Manage Photos" page.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

jdlessley wrote:I got a response from the LDS.org feedback link. I am being told there is no problem. I am being told the problem must be with my computer or browser. I can't convince them there is a problem. i just checked all three computer systems (Windows 8, Windows XP SP3, and Ubuntu 12.04) and four browsers, IE10, IE8, Chrome 27 and Firefox 21. They all still show the same problem.

Part of their rationalization that the problem is local to my computers or browsers is because I am the only one who has reported the problem.

To get this fixed will require others to report this problem. The programmers will not take a problem report from one person as being a valid indication of a problem. The only people who will see the problem are those with administrator privileges because the problem appears on the "Manage Photos" page.
I see the same issue on IE9, FF21 and Chrome 27 running on Windows 7.
zaneclark

Post by zaneclark »

I found the same issue on an iMac with both Chrome and Firefox.... I will report it to feedback...
mevans

Post by mevans »

I see the problem, too. It seems strange they would think it's just a problem on your computer. Maybe the service missionaries manning the feedback don't have permissions to this page so they can't see it for themselves?

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”