Issue Notifications in Facility Issue Reporting (FIR)

Discuss ideas and suggestions around the Church website.
heyring

Issue Notifications in Facility Issue Reporting (FIR)

Post by heyring »

I am the PFR (also over technology). We have been using FIR with our FM Group for several months and it has been a wonderful tool. In fact, all leaders in our Stake/Wards know and follow my instruction that no issue will be considered as "reported" unless it is issued through the FIR tool.

One vital piece that is missing.. which hampers the potential of the tool to be completely effective, is active email notifications that a new issue has been submitted for my review.

I have submitted this feedback many times through the feedback link within FIR, but never any response.

A PFR should receive an email immediately when a new issue has been submitted. If not default functionality, then allow this option to be enabled in a setting somewhere.
marianomarini

Re: Issue Notifications in Facility Issue Reporting (FIR)

Post by marianomarini »

The manual (pag. 23) say that changes are notify by e-mail.
https://www.lds.org/FIR/Attachments/Vie ... umentation
The problem is that this is done starting from "escalating" issues!
heyring

Post by heyring »

Yep. You are correct. I have read the manual many times and use the FIR tool just about every day. It has been a great improvement. Just seems like a vital piece of the pie would be active notifications when a new issue is submitted.
marianomarini

Post by marianomarini »

heyring wrote:Yep. You are correct. I have read the manual many times and use the FIR tool just about every day. It has been a great improvement. Just seems like a vital piece of the pie would be active notifications when a new issue is submitted.
Agree!

Return to “Main Church Website”