Could we get all the android apps onto blackberry playbook?

rbachelder

Post by rbachelder »

sckellis wrote:That's strange. I'm not sure why the links would give you APK files. They are definitely BAR files as you can see from the extension.

I have heard of this using your server.... it tends to be a Internet explorer problem, try Firefox or chrome as they both worked fine for me...
rbachelder

Post by rbachelder »

sckellis wrote:Thank you for this update! Hopefully the approval doesn't take too long.

In the meantime, if anyone needs the APK->BAR files for sideloading, here they are:

The gospel library bar file:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/24683109/gl-2.1.4.5-RELEASE.bar

LDS Tools:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/24683109/ldstools-1.1.0.5.bar

Re: remember to Download using Mozilla or chrome... IE does not work well with dropbox... and thank you so much for posting these... I have been trying for 3 weeks to get a hold of the gospel library. can we get a link to this on the wiki for putting Gospel Library on Playbook. It mentions how to sideload, but I did not see any files to do such with.

Thanks
R
bryanwilson

Post by bryanwilson »

As a heads up, the Gospel Library app is now available for the Playbook. I downloaded it this morning and it seems to be functioning well.
johnaclark

Post by johnaclark »

The 1.1.0.5 version of LDS Tools is working fine using this method. However, I tried to convert v1.2.2.1 of LDS Tools and it would not run on the Playbook. Is there a newer version floating around out there that will convert and work on the Playbook? If someone has an apk I can convert it.
gregcoad

Post by gregcoad »

Has anyone ported the Ensign App for PlayBook? I am comfortable with sideloading so I am not looking for the official "Appworld version", just the .bar file. I have been using Gospel Library and LDS Tools on my PlayBook (sideloaded) for at least the past 8 months with no issues. Would love to get the Ensign App too.
stirlingguelph

Re: Could we get all the android apps onto blackberry playbo

Post by stirlingguelph »

Just installed the bar files. Thanks a lot!!
SpitzK

Post by SpitzK »

Is it possible to get newer .bar files of both LDS tool and Gospel Library? I just moved to the Blackberry Z10 and the church apps are not listed in the app world for the 10 OS. I have sideloaded the files listed here and they work fine but are far behind the iphone and android. I am happy to sideload them again with newer ones so I can have the newer features.

In the event that this will not happen quickly does the church mind if I convert them from the newer Android files and use those in the meantime?

Thank you for these and looking forward to a reply!
jhdabney

Post by jhdabney »

Did anyone get a chance to convert the newer Android versions of these apps?
fletcher.carpenter

Post by fletcher.carpenter »

jhdabney wrote:Did anyone get a chance to convert the newer Android versions of these apps?
I have not gotten the newest lds tools to work, but I have the .bar file for the gospel library version 2.5.0.24 (current as of 8/30/2013). It runs fine on blackberry os 10.2. I'm not sure how it will do on 10.1 as 10.1 has an older android runtime, but I imagine it will.

Here it is....
https://app.box.com/s/50m18lp045gbe4tasjpx
raugust2

Post by raugust2 »

I have side loaded Gospel Library 2.5.0.9 onto my T-mobile Z10 running the OS 10.1.0.4200.
It works just fine. It's a tad bit glitchy when it is opening up, and sometimes fails to open (only 10% of the time).
I'm really wanting the LDS Tools to work. I've tried side loading all the versions available, and even ran a leaked 10.2 OS for a week to try and get it to work, but no dice. Does anyone know how to take an apk and make it a usable bar file? Better than starting from scratch, I recon. :)

Return to “Mobile Applications”