annotation error

Discussions about the Notes and Journal tool on LDS.org. This includes the Study Toolbar as well as the scriptures and other content on LDS.org that is integrated with Notes and Journal.
brinkerhoffk

annotation error

Post by brinkerhoffk »

Jeremiah 23:6 reference "B" should probably be written using a lower case instead of a capitalized letter. :)
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: annotation error

Post by aebrown »

[Moderator note: I moved this topic from the Feedback forum section to the one dealing with the Online Scriptures.]
brinkerhoffk wrote:Jeremiah 23:6 reference "B" should probably be written using a lower case instead of a capitalized letter. :)
This is in reference to Jeremiah 23:6 in the online Scriptures on LDS.org.

It's true that the "B" appears to be in uppercase, unlike all other footnotes. Technically, it is indeed written using a lowercase letter, as can be verified by examining the HTML. But that footnote appears within a phrase "THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS" that is styled in ALL CAPS, and so that HTML styling affects the footnote as well.

The same thing happens with the "A" in Exodus 3:14, with a footnote to the phrase "I AM THAT I AM" and I imagine it happens a few other places, too.

A similar more subtle problem happens with the "C" in Exodus 9.29, with a footnote to the word "LORD"; in this case, the footnote is styled with small caps, and the "c" is smaller than a capital C, but larger than the other lowercase "c" footnotes.

Return to “Notes and Journal, and Online Scriptures”