Remove photo under wrong name

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
JeffbBell

Remove photo under wrong name

Post by JeffbBell »

How does one remove a photo that was put in under the wrong name? I don't see that option for me under my admin settings.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Remove photo under wrong name

Post by russellhltn »

Admin note: This was split from the thread "New Photos (1)" as it's a different question.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Remove photo under wrong name

Post by jdlessley »

JeffbBell wrote:How does one remove a photo that was put in under the wrong name? I don't see that option for me under my admin settings.
For an administrator there are two methods to remove a photo.

The first, and quickest for me, is to select Households menu option in the left column and then the household name in the "filter results" middle column. Click the "Edit" button at the top of the right column. Below each photo are three options - Edit, Change, and Remove. The Edit option is to edit the visibility setting. If you have a replacement photo to add/upload then click the Change option. The Remove option will delete the photo from the directory.

In a situation where an administrator has incorrectly assigned a photo and does not remember to whom the photo was assigned then browsing the list of photos on the Manage Photos page is the easiest for me. To do this click "Manage Photos" in the left column menu of options. It is the last menu option in the column for someone with administrator privileges.Once the photo is found then click the red box with the white 'x' below the photo to remove it.

An administrator does not need to remove a miss-assigned photo. Instead it can be re-assigned. Re-assign a photo on the Manage Photos page. After locating the miss-assigned photo begin typing the name of the person or household to re-assign the photo in the name text box field below the photo. It may take a while, but a list of matches to the string of characters typed will appear. Select the name from the list and click the green dot with the white check mark to re-assign the photo.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”