Missionary Recommendation Online Inquiry

Discussions about other Church websites
hua_kin

Missionary Recommendation Online Inquiry

Post by hua_kin »

I am a stake clerk. I am tasked by my Stake President to monitor and assist potential missionaries application.

Most of the time, I ended up re-entering the informations of the missionary application after its submitted to stake president for review. eg. Medical and Dental information and etc.

Was there something on the process that we are doing incorrectly?

Please help!
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Missionary Recommendation Online Inquiry

Post by aebrown »

hua_kin wrote:Most of the time, I ended up re-entering the informations of the missionary application after its submitted to stake president for review. eg. Medical and Dental information and etc.
The actual medical examination forms do have to be entered manually; the doctor and dentist fill out paper forms, so you have no other option. I would not describe that as "re-entering" -- that is simply entering the information from paper into the online system.

Everything else can (and generally should) be entered by the missionary or bishop (or ward clerk or whoever the bishop might assign to assist at the ward level). There should be no reason for you to have to re-enter something that was already entered into the online missionary recommendation system.
hua_kin

Post by hua_kin »

Thank you for the clarification.

So that means, the potential missionary do not have option to enter the doctors and dentist information prior to submission to the Bishop level? or on the Bishops level, do they have option to assist/help the potential missionary online to enter these information, prior to submitting to the stake level?

Thanks,
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

hua_kin wrote:So that means, the potential missionary do not have option to enter the doctors and dentist information prior to submission to the Bishop level? or on the Bishops level, do they have option to assist/help the potential missionary online to enter these information, prior to submitting to the stake level?
The doctor and dentist are specifically asked not to give the information to the missionary; it is sent to the stake president. There is no option for entering the medical and dental examination information until the recommendation gets to the stake level, anyway.

Now please do not confuse the results of the doctor and dentist examinations with the personal medical information that the missionary enters. Those are two different things. The personal medical information is entered before the bishop submits the recommendation to the stake. And certainly the bishop or a clerk at the ward level can help the missionary fill in that information before it is sent to the stake.

But as I said, the actual examination results are entered at the stake level. If the results of those examinations happen to get mailed to the stake president before the bishop submits that missionary's recommendation to the stake, that's fine -- the stake will simply hold on to those results until the recommendation arrives at the stake level.
hua_kin

Post by hua_kin »

Thank you for this information. We now know where we are having problem, the doctors/dentist information are not sent to us but is given to the applicants after the examination. They (applicants) then submit to us the copy of the recommendations.

We now know how to address the issue at hand.This is a great help for us in order to lessen the work of the stake president. Thank you and God bless.

Return to “Other Websites”