wrong home address

Discussions about the Ward Directory and Map tool on churchofjesuschrist.org.
genielson

wrong home address

Post by genielson »

For as long as we've lived in this ward, our home address has been wrong. The address listed was just a contact mailing address we used until we found a home in the ward. We have tried several times to get our ward clerks to change it, but the request probably didn't hit very high on the priority list for the day. I've tried a couple of times on here to change it, but it wasn't until today that I figured out how to get to where that was supposed to be possible. Now I have found a message that 18 year-olds are not able to change profile information now due to a bug. I am weelllllll past 18 and would really like to get this taken care of. In the last two weeks, the bishop, a counselor, and members of the high priest group have asked me where I live, because it wasn't listed in the directory. Can you help me out?
Gordon Nielson
Gary_Miller

Re: wrong home address

Post by Gary_Miller »

Gordon your clerk has to change it ether in MLS or Clerk Resources, there is no way for you to do it.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

genielson wrote:For as long as we've lived in this ward, our home address has been wrong. The address listed was just a contact mailing address we used until we found a home in the ward. We have tried several times to get our ward clerks to change it, but the request probably didn't hit very high on the priority list for the day. I've tried a couple of times on here to change it, but it wasn't until today that I figured out how to get to where that was supposed to be possible. Now I have found a message that 18 year-olds are not able to change profile information now due to a bug. I am weelllllll past 18 and would really like to get this taken care of. In the last two weeks, the bishop, a counselor, and members of the high priest group have asked me where I live, because it wasn't listed in the directory. Can you help me out?
Gordon Nielson
Unfortunately, it isn't possible to change your own physical address. You should be able to change your email address and phone number online. I don't know why you're getting the message about 18 year olds. But in any case, you still wouldn't be able to change your address. Only your clerk can do that. I'd corner him at church and ask if he could go and make the change in MLS right then to make sure it gets done. You might also want to ask him for a copy of your Individual Ordinance Summary and check to make sure the rest of your information is correct.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

genielson wrote:We have tried several times to get our ward clerks to change it, but the request probably didn't hit very high on the priority list for the day.
Might want to chat with the Bishop about that one. Clerks are only human, so I can forgive them for dropping the ball once, but not several times. If they're not doing a good job updating the things they are asked to, there's probably bigger things that are not getting updated either.

As for your physical address, you can't change that yourself. Your phone number and email, yes, you can. But I think there is (or was) a bug where you couldn't do that if you are listed as a child in the household - even if you were 18.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
mfmohlma

Post by mfmohlma »

eblood66 wrote:I'd corner him at church and ask if he could go and make the change in MLS right then to make sure it gets done. You might also want to ask him for a copy of your Individual Ordinance Summary and check to make sure the rest of your information is correct.
Depending on your clerk (and how busy the office is), it may be easier to "corner" him at home, where he can update the address online at the leader portal (lds.org/leader). (That is, assuming you can find his address. ;))

Return to “Ward Directory and Map”