LDS.org Clerk Tools - Send a Message Function

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
bbrasmussen

LDS.org Clerk Tools - Send a Message Function

Post by bbrasmussen »

We have newly discovered this feature in our ward and love the ability to send email messages to ward members via the church website. However, is there a way to change the sender's name? It currently defaults to the sender's full name including middle name (Ex: Brother First Middle LastName)? This format is a bit much, and I'm a little uncomfortable sending out my middle name to hundreds of email recipients, some of whom I'm unsure of their computer/email security measures. If there's not currently a way to change/edit our email sender's name, can this be added as a feature request? Thanks.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: LDS.org Clerk Tools - Send a Message Function

Post by aebrown »

The sender should go to ldsaccount.lds.org and edit his profile. The name used is the "First Name" field followed by the "Last Name" field. I'm guessing that in your case, the "First Name" field actually contains both your first and middle names.
bbrasmussen

Re: LDS.org Clerk Tools - Send a Message Function

Post by bbrasmussen »

Thanks. That was it. The new ldsaccount.lds.org doesn't allow name changes. Thankfully the link to the old one via the subscriptions button still allows users to edit the name. Editing the name is a feature that would be nice to see added back into the new ldsaccount interface.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”