MLS Not updating CDOL

Discussions about other Church websites
cowvet

MLS Not updating CDOL

Post by cowvet »

I have updated our Stake Presidency data when a new Assistant Stake Clerk was called, it shows the correct individual in MLS, but it is showing the old clerk and the new one in CDOL. I have tried changing the record flag and doing a S/R, re-imputing the name and then deleting the calling and nothing seems to work. Is there a way to force CDOL to remove this calling without doing a unit refresh?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: MLS Not updating CDOL

Post by russellhltn »

Only if a friendly church employee offers to do it for you.

Since this is just one calling, it doesn't strike me as a big deal to do a refresh. The worst that could happen is that it uncovers more things that are out of sync.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
chris_hazeldine

Post by chris_hazeldine »

Are there any problems with updates today at all? Made a change of Seminary Teacher, removed two Institute callings and about 4hrs later there are not updates in CDOL for this.

Thought that rather than refresh and then do it all again to find that it didn't work a second time i would see if there are any reasons for these changes not to sync with Send Receive from Stake MLS.

Chris
Australia Perth Dianella Stake
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

I did a whole lot of updates last Tuesday evening. Only one took, probably the first. I also updated two callings yesterday (Sunday). They didn't take either. I've done numerous send/receives since!

I'm going to try a 'Unit Data Refresh' tomorrow evening, to see if this resolves the problem!
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

Checked CDOL and Clerk Resources, this morning, all the updates I entered in MLS over the last week, have now taken!

Did someone forget to flick a switch (very non technical comment)!
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

Biggles wrote:Checked CDOL and Clerk Resources, this morning, all the updates I entered in MLS over the last week, have now taken!
Sometimes the updates sent from MLS take a while to appear in CDOL.
Biggles wrote:I'm going to try a 'Unit Data Refresh' tomorrow evening, to see if this resolves the problem!
A Unit Data Refresh will never affect what appears in CDOL -- it works the other direction, updating MLS to match what is in CDOL. A Refresh can be a beginning step in making changes from MLS to get CDOL and MLS in sync if certain changes didn't get sent from MLS to CDOL properly, but by itself it will never update CDOL.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

aebrown wrote:Sometimes the updates sent from MLS take a while to appear in CDOL.
But not normally a week!
aebrown wrote:A Unit Data Refresh will never affect what appears in CDOL -- it works the other direction, updating MLS to match what is in CDOL. A Refresh can be a beginning step in making changes from MLS to get CDOL and MLS in sync if certain changes didn't get sent from MLS to CDOL properly, but by itself it will never update CDOL.
I'm aware of the process of what a Refresh does. My intention was to get MLS to reflect what is in CDOL and then reapply the changes, hoping that this time they would stick!

I imagine there was some sort of server problem on the Churches side, as to why the original changes didn't happen first time around, as another poster from Australia has also appeared to have similar problems.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

I'm not sure if this is related to the problems with the callings not updating on CDOL. Last evening having confirmed that all the previous updates, to callings had stuck, I attempted to update another calling, but was met with the eternal spinner when trying to save. I could get out of this scenario by logging out of MLS. Repeated attempts, including exiting MLS, exhibited the same behaviour.

The solution that worked for me, was to install a fresh copy of MLS over the existing installation. Conclusion was that something had got corrupted in the installation. Maybe this happened when MLS was updated to 3.6.2 recently!
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

Some file permissions were changed last week and we didn't find out until Monday morning that we weren't processing files from MLS. They were just sitting there backing up. Once that issue was resolved we processed all the backed up changes.

Sorry for the delays.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

jonesrk wrote:Some file permissions were changed last week and we didn't find out until Monday morning that we weren't processing files from MLS. They were just sitting there backing up. Once that issue was resolved we processed all the backed up changes.

Sorry for the delays.
Thank you for the update. At least I now know it wasn't a problem of my making!

Return to “Other Websites”