lesson schedules

Discussions about the Lesson Schedules Tool
KelleySL

lesson schedules

Post by KelleySL »

I was to go into the lesson schedules for our ward and add some lessons. I tried following the instructions for "setting up lessons" and added events such as stake conference. the next step on the instructions after that was to 'delete all your existing lessons' and I did that. then I was to 're-add' the lessons. It said if the class had a standard lesson manual lesson schedules would auto-fill the schedules with lessons, postponing lessons on the days of the events added.
I could not figure out how to re-add anything and it seems that I have permanently deleted all of our lessons. Is there anyway to get them back into the system? thanks, sheila kelley
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: lesson schedules

Post by jdlessley »

KelleySL wrote:I was to go into the lesson schedules for our ward and add some lessons.
I assume you are trying to add classes. I also assume you are an administrator because only administrators can add Lesson Schedule events.
KelleySL wrote:I tried following the instructions for "setting up lessons" and added events such as stake conference. the next step on the instructions after that was to 'delete all your existing lessons' and I did that.
When a unit begins using Lesson Schedules for the first time there will be some default classes present. Those default classes can be used, but may require some editing to incorporate the events you just created. The primary purpose in deleting the default classes is so the events added after the classes were created will not replace the lessons on the event date(s). There is a "Insert missing lessons" function to restore lesson continuity after a new event is created. That feature explanation has not yet been incorporated into the Lesson Schedules help.
KelleySL wrote:then I was to 're-add' the lessons.
After deleting the default classes then you can add classes. Doing so after the events have been created will incorporate the events and retain continuity of lessons without any lessons being replaced by the event. As mentioned previously the "Insert missing lessons" function will allow you to restore lesson continuity after a new event is added.

Classes are added by clicking the "Administration" link on the Lesson Schedules main page and then clicking "Add Class". The add class screen is where you enter the manuals for classes that use a manual along with all the other parameters such as the class name, class duration, priesthood or auxiliary, and optionally the instructor. If the events that will affect the class have already been added, then clicking the "Save" button will create all the lessons sequentially for the year with the events incorporated and not replacing any lessons.

KelleySL wrote:It said if the class had a standard lesson manual lesson schedules would auto-fill the schedules with lessons, postponing lessons on the days of the events added.
That is correct. So the procedure from the instructions you were following is to:
  • Add events
  • Delete default classes
  • Add classes
  • Edit classes as needed
KelleySL wrote:I could not figure out how to re-add anything and it seems that I have permanently deleted all of our lessons. Is there anyway to get them back into the system?
Follow the steps in Adding Classes in Lesson Schedules help.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Lesson Schedules”