Bug in Calendar on locations?

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
aarondesk

Bug in Calendar on locations?

Post by aarondesk »

So I have encountered a problem using the online calendaring system.

We have an event scheduled all day using the whole building. If I try to schedule another event on that same day for all day using any location in the building I get the message "Your event conflicts with another event" which is what I expect. No double-booking allowed.

However, if I choose the same day, but choose a specific time (say 2pm-3pm) at any location in the building I am allowed to schedule the event just fine, thus having two events overlapping at the same time.

Is this a bug?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Bug in Calendar on locations?

Post by russellhltn »

I just tried it and couldn't duplicate it. Assuming that both events are really scheduled using the same building (and not "Other location" with the building's name), then that would seem to be a bug.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

If indeed this is happening as you describe, it would be a bug. However, I am unable to duplicate the problem. Here's what I did:
  1. I created an all-day event on January 28 called "Test all day" that booked the whole building for our stake center
  2. I tried to create an event for January 28, 2:00pm-3:00pm called "Test cultural hall" that would book the cultural hall in the stake center.
  3. When I clicked "Save Event" I was shown the conflict popup, which said the conflict was wiht the "Test all day" event. I was unable to save the conflicting event.
That's exactly what I would expect to happen, but it doesn't match what you are reporting.
Gary_Miller

Post by Gary_Miller »

I cannot duplicate this ether with events.

However with reservations I can add multiple overlapping reservations for any resource, for anytime period, for multiple wards on the same day without getting any conflict.

I can also add an all day event using the entire facility for my ward even though there is an all day reservation for the other ward in the building using the entire. I can only guess this is because I have building scheduler rights.
aarondesk

Post by aarondesk »

Ok, ok. :) Turns out I don't know what I'm doing. I thought an event was all-day, but was really scheduled for 6:30am-8:30am. So the system is working just as it should. Bad input = bad output.
workmanbc1

Post by workmanbc1 »

I had a similar problem. I had a restriction in place for the entire facility. Relief Society booked only Chapel. I booked cultural hall. Another group also booked cultural hall. no conflict shows up. That is DEFINITELY a conflict, but the software did not pick it up.
Gary_Miller

Post by Gary_Miller »

workmanbc1 wrote:I had a similar problem. I had a restriction in place for the entire facility. Relief Society booked only Chapel. I booked cultural hall. Another group also booked cultural hall. no conflict shows up. That is DEFINITELY a conflict, but the software did not pick it up.
If the restriction is for the same unit then the RS of that unit should be able to book an event in the chapel with no problem.

As for the cultural hall if the booking unit is the same as the restriction unit and times for the booked events are different with no over lap then the calendar is working properly and there is no problem.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

workmanbc1 wrote:Relief Society booked only Chapel. I booked cultural hall. Another group also booked cultural hall. no conflict shows up. That is DEFINITELY a conflict, but the software did not pick it up.
How were the events booked? Via a event that properly defined the location? Or was it done via a restriction? Did one of the events only say it was in the cultural hall when in fact it wasn't selected? Do you have duplicate locations?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Calendar”