Member is not listed on lds.org but in MLS

Discussions about the Leader and Clerk Resources on lds.org.
marko1221

Member is not listed on lds.org but in MLS

Post by marko1221 »

We have a Relief Society sister whose records are in MLS, along with her spouse. However, when we look at the Clerk Resources "Member list" on lds.org, and filter the list by Relief Society (or go directly to the organization tab > Relief Society), she is not listed there as a member of that organization. Can't figure out why this is happening. In MLS she has been added to the RS organization.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Member is not listed on lds.org but in MLS

Post by russellhltn »

Is she showing up in the directory at all? It's possible that she or a leader has set her privacy settings such that she doesn't appear in the directory.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Gary_Miller

Post by Gary_Miller »

Russell, in clerk resources that would not be the problem.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Right, I missed that. Is she showing up in clerk resources at all?

I can't remember if clerk resources works with the actual orginization information or just takes a guess based on the membership record. If it's the latter, then a 17-year old will end up in YW instead of RS.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

russellhltn wrote:Right, I missed that. Is she showing up in clerk resources at all?

I can't remember if clerk resources works with the actual orginization information or just takes a guess based on the membership record. If it's the latter, then a 17-year old will end up in YW instead of RS.
I believe that it's supposed to use the the organization information from MLS. But I've seen a number of cases in my own ward where it isn't in sync with MLS. I've got a new beehive who isn't showing up in the beehive class and I've seen a couple of cases where YM do not show up in the correct young mens class. Either way (age based or MLS based) it's wrong.

I'm guessing there is a sync failure or bug that shows up sometimes but I haven't seen any pattern yet and I don't know if there is a way to force a resync.

I think that organization information may come through CDOL so our resident CDOL guru JonesRK might be able to help track it down. On the other hand, if it comes from the main membership database he probably can't.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

eblood66 wrote: I'm guessing there is a sync failure or bug that shows up sometimes but I haven't seen any pattern yet and I don't know if there is a way to force a resync.
I believe that the age based class changes don't actually sync, but are calculated at each end.
Edit: So if things are wrong online manually moving the person in MLS and then moving them back should trigger a sync if it is worth the effort to straighten things out.
eblood66 wrote: I think that organization information may come through CDOL so our resident CDOL guru JonesRK might be able to help track it down. On the other hand, if it comes from the main membership database he probably can't.
Information about the organization itself comes from CDOL, but which organization a member is in comes from CMIS (membership).
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

JonesRK wrote:I believe that the age based class changes don't actually sync, but are calculated at each end.
To answer the OP, is YW/RS one of those that are considered "age based"? They kind of are.

jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

russellhltn wrote:
JonesRK wrote:I believe that the age based class changes don't actually sync, but are calculated at each end.
To answer the OP, is YW/RS one of those that are considered "age based"? They kind of are.
Yes they are.

And in reality I think it is all the calculated changes, so the year end class changes are left out of the sync. The thinking is to not have one system dependent on the sync happening before they are updated.

Return to “Leader and Clerk Resources”