Live broadcasts from SLC to buildings w/out Satellite equip.

Using the Church Webcasting System, YouTube, etc. Including cameras and mixers.
kpeek

Live broadcasts from SLC to buildings w/out Satellite equip.

Post by kpeek »

Not sure is this is worthy of a topic, but I could not find information saying that the upcoming "Worldwide Leadership Training" broadcast would be available live online (on the Internet). I found the library for completed events, but is the broadcast only available "live" to buildings that have satellite receiving equipment?

Our stake would like to broadcast the event live into all three of our buildings, only one of which has satellite equipment. If I cannot show the live stream from the Internet into the buildings without satellite equipment, should I receive it into our stake center, and then use our (church) encoders to rebroadcast it (via the "reflectors"/servers in SLC) and into our remote buildings? And if others are doing this all at the same time, are those servers ready to handle all of this traffic? (I might point out that this would be a much bigger task than stake conferences, which are distributed more or less evenly, throughout the year.)

If this topic has merit, maybe we can hear your ideas on how to optimize this task with equipment and procedures.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Re: Live broadcasts from SLC to buildings w/out Satellite eq

Post by Mikerowaved »

Nearly all the satellite broadcasts are also available via Internet streaming as well. The thread Streaming a Regional Conference Broadcast should give you the answers you're seeking.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
russelljd

Re: Live broadcasts from SLC to buildings w/out Satellite eq

Post by russelljd »

It will be available streaming. You can find information about the broadcast from http://broadcastinfo.lds.org

Return to “Non-Interactive Webcasting”