Adding new permissions to an existing calendar.

Discussions about the Calendar Tool at lds.org. Questions about the calendar on the classic site should be posted in the LUWS forum.
skwid

Adding new permissions to an existing calendar.

Post by skwid »

I had an organization secretary create a new calendar for the scout committee and he forgot to add the varsity coach calling in the private calendar. After I approved it I went in and added the Varsity Coach and the Assistant Varsity Coach to the permissions list, but when I went to save it I get a message that I cannot use the same calendar name. How do I add permissions to an existing calendar if I don't want to create a new calendar every time I add a permission?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: Adding new permissions to an existing calendar.

Post by jdlessley »

There was another thread that reported this same message appearing and inability to save the edited calendar associated with a private calendar.

Since the calendar is new, it may be worth a try to temporarily change the calendar to a public ward calendar and try adding the additional editors. If that is successful then try changing the calendar to private after the edits are made.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
skwid

Post by skwid »

Thank you JD, I have tried what you have suggested and I am still getting the same error and it will not allow me to save the calendar.
sbhbyu@gmail.com

Post by sbhbyu@gmail.com »

Was anyone able to figure this out? As the ward clerk I need to temporarily view and edit the Bishop's calendar. I add permission for myslef and go to save and it says I need a unique name. I've tried changing the name with in luck.
skwid

Post by skwid »

Sorry sbhbyu I still have to create a new event if I want to change it.

Return to “Calendar”