records of kids with divorced member parents

Discussions around using and interfacing with the Church MLS program.
andyamber1229

records of kids with divorced member parents

Post by andyamber1229 »

Is it possible for kids to be on two sets of class rolls in 2 different wards? If so, please help me do this. We would like kids to show on our young women rolls even though their records are in another ward. I believe I followed that correct procedure to create out of unit and temporary records but these did not flow through to the class rolls. Is there a reason kids can't be members of 2 wards (if they spend 50% of the time in each ward)?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: records of kids with divorced member parents

Post by russellhltn »

I suggest you read the thread Children of divorced parent - two wards.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

andyamber1229 wrote:Is it possible for kids to be on two sets of class rolls in 2 different wards?
Class membership is determined by the class rules. Those who have temporary records, out of unit and nonmember, can be manually added to Sunday School classes, but not to YSA, YM, YW, or Primary organizations. See Class membership of the wiki article Classes for further information.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
andyamber1229

Post by andyamber1229 »

Thank you forthe prompt help in getting me get to the right thread - I had looked for a while but gave up . Also, thanks for the feedback; I needed information to be able to take back to Bishop to corroborate an earlier statement that this is a sticky situation and we may not all get all of the functionality that we would like in MLS.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

jdlessley wrote:Those who have temporary records, out of unit and nonmember, can be manually added to Sunday School classes, but not to YSA, YM, YW, or Primary organizations. See Class membership of the wiki article Classes for further information.
I know that the wiki says that, but I don't think that Primary should be on that list. At least with the test data in MLS, I had no difficulty adding a nonmember to Primary, and I'm pretty sure that we have had nonmembers on the Primary rolls in our ward.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

aebrown wrote:
jdlessley wrote:Those who have temporary records, out of unit and nonmember, can be manually added to Sunday School classes, but not to YSA, YM, YW, or Primary organizations. See Class membership of the wiki article Classes for further information.
I know that the wiki says that, but I don't think that Primary should be on that list. At least with the test data in MLS, I had no difficulty adding a nonmember to Primary, and I'm pretty sure that we have had nonmembers on the Primary rolls in our ward.
Also, I don't think that restriction applies to out-of-unit records either. We have a set of out-of-unit records we created for just this same situation and I'm pretty sure that the children show up on the class rolls in the YM and YW organizations. The out-of-unit records certainly have enough information to apply the automatic rules. I'll check on that when I'm at the church next.

Return to “MLS Support, Help, and Feedback”